Greenhouse using double-glazed windows is applicable not only in regions with cold climate, but also in other suburban zones for prolonging the duration of fruit-bearing of greenhouse crops or year-round usage.
The Benefits of these glazing are all undoubted:
- Excellent thermal insulation will protect crops from early frosts.
- Double glass avoids sunburn over the leaves.
- Tight structure reduces heat loss when heating the greenhouse, and therefore saves energy.
- Packages won’t suffer from strong winds, rain or hail.
- The service life of glazing with proper treatment is more than just a dozen years.
- The decorative appearance of glazing allows you to not hide the greenhouse from the bathtub, and install it even in the front yard. Some proprietors of original contour greenhouses make them of the principal decoration of the lawn or garden.
Additionally, manufacturers offer you double-glazed windows with a set of necessary functions, including special coatings for heat and energy conserving , protection against mechanical influences and low temperatures, as masterseptika.ru well as soundproofing.
Method of auto-ventilation of all greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with specific vents for ventilation, that can be equipped with devices together with the purpose of automatic launching. This is extremely convenient, since not necessarily the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse punctually. For instance, the French are using only such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the present moment. Rest assured: that a glass will be your servant for decades to come.
- Glass doesn’t retain UV rays, which are essential for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, thereby allowing you to make the most of the power of sun.
- Should you use tempered or laminated (thermal) glass, this arrangement can withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the kind of large hail, intense heat and also strong frost is not going to be any problem with the structure ). Additionally, there’s an opportunity to put in heating devices in them.
Of course, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, which need to be taken into account when constructing it.
How to Create a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a sunny day, the transparent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar radiation. It’s consumed by dark surfaces (ground, plants, equipment ), turns into long-wave radiation and remains within the construction. This very transformation occurs with the discharge of warmth, which produces a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
So, glass windows perfectly allow the sun’s rays in the room and nearly completely keep the rear radiation, not allowing it to go out. To put it differently, unlike film, glass has become the most heat-saving substance, which is one of the chief features of a great greenhouse.